General medicine or Internal Medicine is the branch of medicine that deals with the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of a spectrum of adult illnesses.
Introduction into General Medicine
The holistic approach of general practice aims to take into consideration the biological, psychological, and social factors relevant to the care of each patient’s illness. Their duties are not confined to specific organs of the body, and they have particular skills in treating people with multiple health issues.
The specialty of internal medicine covers a wide range of conditions affecting the internal organs of the body – the heart, the lungs, the liver, and gastrointestinal tract, the kidneys and urinary tract, the brain, spinal column, nerves, muscles, and joints.
How can HON help you?
General Practitioners (GP) treat acute and chronic illnesses and provide preventive care and health education for all ages and genders. They have particular skills in treating people with multiple health issues and diseases.
Our general practitioner aims to be your primary point of contact for routine medical services, by diagnosing & managing all primary level illnesses & refer you to specialist practitioners if needed.
Our doctor is also specialized in providing well-managed preventive health care – thus providing you with a complete & holistic healthcare solution.
When you or any member of your family suffer one of those ailments, that usually strikes when you least expect them such as fever, earache, diarrhea or vomiting, sore throat, flu, sinusitis, we stand ready to care for you.
The first duty of the Doctor is to educate the masses, not to take medicine.
- Primary health check-up
- Referral to relevant specialists
- Examine patients and take their histories, order laboratory tests, X-rays and other diagnostic procedures
- Prescribe and administer medications and treatments
- Advise patients and their families on health care including disease, illness and accident prevention
- Coordinate or manage primary patient care
- Provides continues care to patients
- Treat general illnesses and chronic conditions (such as diabetes, hypertension, thyroid issues, etc)
- Aftercare for stroke victims